Terms and Conditions for Reuben’s Highland Retreat
Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party.
By completing the booking procedure you agree:
1. To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the owner.
2. To pay a non-refundable deposit on booking, with the balance payable 30 days before the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than a month before the start of the holiday the full rent is payable at the time of booking. Failure to pay any rental charges will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-letting and you will forefeit your deposit.
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing. In the event of a cancellation within 30 days of the date of arrival no refund will be given.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To keep any pets, where permitted, under strict control at all times and to accept liability for any damage caused. Pets must be house-trained and must not be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation. Animal hairs must be removed from carpets and dogs are not allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens should be cleared.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any member of the party may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. Also to take responsibility for minimising any fire risk.
12. To reimburse the owner for the cost of any breakages, loss or damage, in excess of the agreed security deposit, and other than those due to fair wear and tear. Also to accept the owner’s discretionary charge of £50 for extra cleaning if the property has been left untidy.
13. To agree not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners’ permission.
14. To vacate the property by 11.00 am on the final day of the let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £50. Guest arrival time is from 17.00 hrs. onwards.
15. Not to smoke inside any of our lodges. Any guests deemed to be in breach of this policy will be charged £50 which will be deducted from their security deposit.
17. To pay a security deposit of £150 which will be pre-authorised automatically using the card you used to book your stay with, then released 3 days after you depart.
18. The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
19. In the event of a localised lockdown due to the Covid 19 crisis which affects our ability to trade we will refund the full cost of your booking or permit you to move to new dates at no extra cost. If you are already in the property when the lockdown commences and are ordered to leave the premises and return to your home, we will refund the cost of the unused nights. If the localised lockdown affects the area in which you stay but has no impact on our ability to operate our business then I’m afraid no refund will be provided and we would encourage you to seek compensation from you own travel insurance policy.
NB When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via email.
Secured by SuperControl
Site with SSL certificate by Comodo
Website secured by SSL